Why become an ESCOM member?
- You will be supporting, and be seen to be supporting, a leading organization within your research discipline
- You will be linked to a large and growing community of international researchers from a wide range of related fields and expertise
- You will receive four paper copies of Musicæ Scientiæ sent to your home address (unless opted out, see below)
- You will get online access to Musicæ Scientiæ at the Sage website
- You will receive society discounts for registering at ESCOM events
- You will be able to vote on resolutions presented to the General Assembly
- You will be able to hold office in the Society
- Membership falls into one of the following categories:
- Full members
- Student members: students of institutions of higher education taking full- and part-time courses (evidence to be provided).
- Sustaining members: individuals, corporations, or organizations who give major donations to the Society.
- Institutions and libraries
Current Membership Rates
Full and student membership
The annual membership fee is 60 Euros per year, with equal cumulative discounts of 15 Euros for:
- Electronic access to Musicae Scientiae rather than receiving the paper copy,
- Full-time student status, and
- Living/working in a financially disadvantaged country including Eastern Europe, Greece and Turkey. This applies to countries whose GDP per capita is less than $37,000 as listed in the left column (IMF figures) of the table here.
As a result, there will be four possible annual membership fees as follows:
- Full fee, no discount: Euro 60
- One discount (any of the above three): Euro 45
- Two discounts: Euro 30
- Three discounts: Euro 15
500.00 € per year or 1400 € for 3 years.
How to become a member
Please download the ESCOM membership form (PDF) and send the signed form by FAX (+358 14 617 420) or a scanned version by email (escom[at]escom.org). To pay the membership fees, please use one of the following two options:
|Bank Transfer||Credit card via PayPal|
|Use the information on the ESCOM membership form and transfer the indicated amount to the ESCOM bank account.||
|(To obtain a student membership, please email or fax a copy of your current registration as a full-time or part-time student at a university or other higher education institution.)|